Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Word


It's a shiny new year.

As I have done in years past, instead of resolutions, I have chosen a word to be the focus on my year. This time I took one of those quizzes posted on Facebook... this was a link to Dayspring. I answered 7 questions and it gave me a word. I was maybe a tad skeptical to start but once I started reading the questions I liked what I saw and when I got my word, it truly resonated.

The word was 'SIMPLIFY'




This goes way beyond talking about material things. But a de-cluttering of mind, heart and spirit, to make room for more of Jesus.

What does that look like in practical terms?

Making time in His Word a priority. Removing or limiting anything that draws my attention away from God and what His plan is for my life.  Social Media, Movies, frivolous things, top the list. Perhaps the best way to sum it up is in this verse from Matthew 6:33


Following this up, I also have a prayer for 2018: to more deeply desire God's Word, not just as a fragrant aroma, but as oxygen-- a matter of life and death.

My cat, who is quite a hunter, has been spending much more time indoors these days as it's cold and he is slowing down. But he loves to spend time in the window watching the birds come to the pan of bird seed I put out each morning. His unwavering attention is to be admired!  He will perch in the window sill; his tail twitching and his funny little mews go unnoticed by the chick-a-dees and robins.


I think I can learn something from Toddy. To be that focused, regardless of what the results might be.... Ah, but I know something Toddy doesn't. My focus will NOT go unnoticed!

Jeremiah 29.13 states "You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart"

Thank you LORD. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!