Saturday, November 30, 2013

Giving Thanks ~ Week 5

Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is the great God, and the great King above all gods. Psalm 95.2-3


Thanksgiving Day has come and gone but the spirit of gratitude lives on. It was a lovely celebration for us, a gathering of sweet family and relaxing times of reconnecting, sharing, laughter and love. The days preceding were busy but relaxed.  Rather than listing my daily thanks I am going to just bullet point the highlights. 


A lovely stroll along the boardwalk with my sweetie; 
a coffee date on the waterfront. Life is good.

Boulevard Park on a Sunday Afternoon

Taylor Street Dock, Bellingham Bay


Seeing the Lord provide for us in unexpected ways.
Strengthening our faith, even as we felt stretched and tested....
Plans coming together for my birthday celebration next month...


I was born the same year the Hula Hoop was invented... wonder where we're going with this.... hmmm


Road trip! Just a short one this time. 
Bruce and I with my sister and her husband. 
First thanksgiving spent with my sister in DECADES. 
We think the last time we might have spent this holiday 
together was maybe 1983? 

photo credit to my sister Anita, who isn't in the picture. phooey.


Spending the day with extended family.

A walk around the block with our grandson.

three generations of goodness.


 Love spilling over.
 Laughter.
JOY


did I say JOY? I mean, PURE JOY.


 Food.




Games. 
Phone calls. 
Skyping.

A hike for Bruce and I to work off that turkey dinner.


a hike above our town to the overlook



chocolate!




Sunny skies for the most part...



from the Deming Overlook,.

All woven together with God's grace, love and mercy. 

I am so thankful. 


1 comment:

  1. I just love Thanksgiving! Looks like you had a great one :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!