Thursday, June 27, 2013

Trust, Try, Talk... The Results

I  wrote the other day that in the wee small hours of the morning, in one of my quiet unguarded moments, God whispered to me, some words that I  have been clinging to and living by. You can read all about that moment here. I want to now share what happens when we live by faith and not by fear.

If you don't want to hop over to read that post I will give you the short version. God told me three things: Trust. Try. Talk.

So, I pondered on this all day Monday and came up with a plan. I figured the least I could do was ask for this, regardless of what I thought would be the reality of the situation. 

Oh, ye of little faith....

On Tues, fortified with prayers, I went over and spoke with my boss. I told him I was released to return to work for July 1st but I did not think I was able sustain a 6 day work week. But I really did not want to quit. I like my job. What about a compromise? What if I shortened my work week? 

He cocked his head, curious, I could tell.  I forged on. 

What about if I just work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, when the volume of mail is the heaviest. And I could work Saturdays. 

I could see his wheels turning so I remained silent, giving him time to think. He finally nodded and said, "We could try this."  

I think my knees buckled slightly because I truly didn't think he'd ever go for this given the way our government entities like to complicate things and a myriad of crazy other reasons, lol.

As we talked a little bit more I sensed he was thinking this is a temporary- ease -my- way back- into- work where as I am thinking this is the way it should be! So I know there will be another discussion somewhere down the road but for now I feel this is a situation I can manage! Hallelujah!  

Why are we so surprised when God answers our prayers like this? Shame on us for our lack of trust. My friend suggested she could hear a little Holy Chuckle going on somewhere however as God delights in giving us the best things possible. 

I find I am using those three words as a mantra right now. Trust. Try. Talk. Good words to put into practise. 


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your path. Proverbs 3. 5-6



1 comment:

  1. You are right. We are very quick to try to figure things out for ourselves. We definitely need to learn to trust. I think that's a big one!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!