Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Morning Reflections

It was a good week. 



Thanksgiving was quiet and thoughtful with plenty of all the right things: Family, Fellowship, Food. Hubby and I took a walk before the gathering, along our favorite spot here in Deming. We saw eagles and snow on the mountains above us. It was biting cold but it felt good.



The days after had more of those three important "F's"... my pants feel tighter but my heart feels full.



I was delighted to wake up this morning and find the sky looking like a freshly laundered sheet, flapped open and floating out across the landscape. After days of rain and more rain, catching a glimpse of sunlight is a gift I don't take for granted!


Today, this morning, we have lists to work on....
the countdown till we leave to Costa Rica on our mission trip is beginning and we need to be organized and methodical, practical and dedicated to getting ready,  mentally, physically, and perhaps most importantly, spiritually. We will be meeting with our trip leaders this evening to help finalize our "To-Do" list. I am excited about our trip and the work we will be doing. I am nervous about the unknown but trusting God to carry us through as He always does. This I know: my God is faithful, 100%, and His Faithfulness prevails 100% of the time.



1 comment:

  1. So true about God being faithful! Does sound like you had a nice Thanksgiving! I'm sure there are lots of pants that are a bit tighter after this weekend of food (mine included :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!