Thursday, August 30, 2012

Up and At 'Em!

I have GOT to get back into the groove of waking up with the alarm clock and responding appropriately. Apparently hitting snooze and rolling back over is not the appropriate response, especially when Hubby has decided he needs to be at the job site extra early some days! I know my lazy days of summer are slowly coming to an end as the Postal Job is creeping forward. Yes, recent communication assures me that I should expect a start date within the next couple of weeks. Sooooooo, I have to get back in the habit of getting UP when the alarm sounds.

Today I have a nice TO-DO list. It's going to be a FUN TO-DO list. Ordinarily cleaning and cooking would not necessarily inspire and entertain me but we're having friends over for dinner and I'm excited for this! As many of you know, Bruce and I are going on a mission trip in December to Costa Rica. We are going with THESE AMAZING PEOPLE. Jeremy and Colette are pretty special  and we have been delighted to get to know them on a deeper level in the past few months. I can only imagine how the mission adventure will further us along!

But, that's not all! We also invited our dear friends Terry and Alexandra of  SOR Missions to join us. Full time missionaries in Honduras, they are home on furlough and not only do we cherish the time we can spend together while they are here, we are looking forward to introducing them to Jerry and Colette. We figure they have more than a little bit in common..... both have started their own non-profit ministry with Central America as their focus.

By the way..... It is sounding more and more like Bruce will travel to Honduras in the near future, leading a small mission team!

So, despite the sleep-cobwebs clouding my eyes and the rain washed skies outside my window, I have things to do and I must get Up and At 'Em!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!