Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28, 1978

My son turns 34 today. I pray for his well being, his happiness, his life.

I remember the sound of his cry, when he entered this world. Placed in my arms, just minutes old. A miracle.  He slept peacefully in my arms, blissfully unaware of the fractures already present in the family unit to which he was born. My fears collided with my faith as my heart filled with love for my newborn son. What did I know about taking care of a baby? I was only 19.
I brought him home and began to go through the motions of being a mom, trusting that soon it would feel natural and come with ease. Breastfeeding, diaper changing, sleeping habits, how to bathe him, dress him, wrap him in his blanket, all those things that keep him warm and safe and well cared for. All those things that assure him of how very much he is loved. 

my sister and I with our firstborn's.

Happy Birthday Joshua. May you know God's Love. And know that I love you too. 



1 comment:

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!