Monday, May 21, 2012

We Will Not Panic

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 ~~We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

 

every time i start to feel overwhelmed, scared, rattled, threatened by the storms of life, it never fails that i get an email update from a friend who had a bone marrow transplant about 9 months ago and is still involved in a daily battle to win the war on cancer. and his emails flow, indeed, spill over with, praise to God and contentment in knowing God is in control of every single second of his life. and I think: if he can maintain such positive faith-filled attitude with all he faces, than who am i to tremble over my future?  

 

some days it feels like we were plucked from the raging water and placed into a little life boat. we're still bobbing on the waters but at least we're no longer in danger of drowning. at least we are in the boat now. and we just keep paddling, looking, hoping for an outlet that will take us to calmer seas.  

 I like to remember the story of the boat full of the disciples, caught in the middle of the storm. Remember, Jesus was in the boat too..... asleep? And he woke up and asked the men why they were so afraid, where was their faith?

I think it's important to remember that even though the waters rage around my boat, with Jesus in the boat with me, I am safe. 

Jesus IS in the boat with me. And he'll be in your boat too, if you ask him. 

1 comment:

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!