Friday, January 13, 2012

One Frightened Little Mouse

Last night as Bruce and I sat at the library, after hours, in our car, checking our email, we had the engine running on the car to keep warm and we noticed this funny movement just below the windshield wipers on the car. 

It was a tiny little mouse and I suspect he may have been a stow-away from who knows where but now, here he was perched on the hood of our car, frantically trying to decide what to do. Poor little thing. I wish I could have scooped him up and put him someplace safe but he, of course, was too terrified of big scary mitten-handed me to let that happen. 

I thought of how often I might act like that little mouse when God just wants to cup me in His loving hands and love on me in the midst of my storm. I need to stop scurrying and trust more.

As I share about my life and it's ups and downs, I know what we are facing is nothing compared to what others are dealing with-- friends with cancer, people in Sudan....


But how amazing is our God who knows no boundaries-- we are all precious in His sight!

1 comment:

  1. So true!

    Isn't it amazing how God helps us to see his love in small daily examples? :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!