Tuesday, January 10, 2012

His Word--My Rock!

I know God always speaks through His Word but it's really amazing when you actually listen to what He says!!

I read this morning from the 1st and 2nd chapters of Exodus, where the new king of Egypt has no idea who Joseph was or the good he did for the people. The Israelites become slaves, the king orders all the baby boys to be killed and the mother of one little boy hides her baby in a reed basket in the Nile River. The beginning of the story of Moses.

What jumped out at me this morning was the comparison to my own life. How quickly I can forget all the good God has done for me.... from sending His Son to die for my sins, to the daily bread He provides, I tend to have a short memory when it comes to this. Why is that? (aside from age contributors I mean!) I have a tendency, like this King, to fear the future, forgetting all that has happened in the past to protect me. Thankfully, God is at work despite my short sightedness!

Just as God was putting a plan for redemption into place when He inspired this young mother to hide her baby in the river basket, so He is still governing the plans for my life. I must trust, I must remember, that God is orchestrating things even if I can't see them. All that we are going through right now may at times feel overwhelming and scary and seemingly without a bright future but the God who provided for us in the past is still at work and will provide for me today and tomorrow and the next day and the next and the next!

God never said it will be easy but He does promise Good!

My memory verse- which I quoted quite proudly this morning to Bruce with no cheating- anyone who listens to my teachings and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the flood waters rise, and the wind beats against the house, it will not collapse because it is built on bedrock! Matthew 7:24-25.

I'm standing on His Word because it is the Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!