Monday, January 16, 2012

the blessings will come down as the prayers go up

Do you remember the little song about the wise man who built his house upon the rock? and the foolish man on the sand? Do you know the last verse?

So build your house on the Lord Jesus Christ, 
build your house on the Lord Jesus Christ, 
build your house on the Lord Jesus Christ 
and the blessings will flow down... 
the blessings will flow down as the prayers go up, 
the blessings will flow down as the prayers go up, 
the blessings will flow down as the prayers go up, 
so build your house on the Lord!

Have I seen God at work this past week? Oh yes! From the emails of encouragement to the surprise ways of meeting our needs, our God has been at work!

Bruce got in a day's work for some friends on Friday. They blessed us with friendship, supper, fellowship, a box of goodies from a recent trip to Costco, and then they slipped him a check for a days wages that was really for more than a day! Way more than a day.

I collected the mail this weekend and discovered a beautiful card in amongst the bills. The card also contained a check with instructions to use the money where we needed it most.

At church two families blessed us with food. One for the pantry and one for the freezer.

Today I paid the phone bill and got the internet back on.
We were able to pay several other bills as well and put gas in both the car and the work truck.
A friend emailed me and wants to take me to coffee and bless me with her sweet friendship.
I donated plasma today and got a bonus compensation because of a promotion they are offering this month.

Do I see God at work? Do I see His blessings flowing down as the prayers go up?  Oh, yes, I most certainly do.

I am humbled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!