Saturday, October 29, 2011

vintage shopper

as I mentioned to a blog buddy earlier today--- and to the nice little gal who handled my purchases... having size 9 feet can make boot shopping really really difficult!! I have been looking for boots since last fall and still no luck. I really don't (CAN'T) want to pay $$$ for NEW boots --the only way I can afford to shop these days is through consignment so its a moot point. the cashier said she wears size 9's too and knew exactly what I meant!

Still.... i had a LOVELY time at the consignment store BECAUSE I HAD CREDIT and I know how to use it!! :)

would you like to see what I got? I didn't take pictures of everything because, well, I just didn't. But everything I got was from either the Dollar Rack-- oh my how i love the dollar racks!-- or off the half price rack which is almost just as good.


the gray sweater (top left) with mock turtleneck goes great with jeans or the cute little gray cord mini skirt (bottom left) or the gray flannel knit slacks (bottom right). the gray slacks border on old ladyish in my opinion but I thought it best to have a pair of dressier slacks in my closet, just in case.  the purple flowered top has a really comfy fit and will be fun to mix and match with jeans and skirts.

I also got a lime green sleeveless knit shell --great for layering! and a sage green long sleeve t--  and by long sleeved I mean over the hand with those thumb holes in them. It is a tad on the show-my-bulges-side-- (hence the no photo!!) but it will be fine for layering as well. 

BUT

THIS NEXT PICTURE  is of my BEST FIND



Thinking I will get a lot of use out of this jacket. It is so soft!! and I love the length. perfect with jeans or leggings, skirts. dresses.

finished the afternoon with a skype session with my sister. tried to hook up with my daughter but we seem to keep missing it today. Still need to get Bruce proficient enough with skype so that we can visit while he is in Japan. Can't believe his departure day is in a little over a week!! so much to do!

1 comment:

  1. That jacket looks great! I just love a good deal, I just hate to have to spent one penny more then necessary.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!