Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Messy Room

We all have one. That room (or closet) in our home that we shove all the stuff we don't have time to deal with. Company is coming and we need to put the junk somewhere quick. Piles of junk we will save for a rainy day. Out of sight, out of mind. You know what I'm talking about right?



I have a spare room in my house. It's the guest room if we have company, it's the craft room when I feel creative and it has a desk for my computer. However the thing it is most used for is storage of "unsightly stuff" (otherwise known as cr@p)

 I know someone who has a room in their home that has had some water damage to the ceiling tiles and so the ceiling has fallen in a few places. The dog has a tendency to 'use' that room when for one reason or another he can't get outside and it has become the place to pile all the stuff that has no other place to go.... yah, definitely a cr@p room!   ;)

I was thinking about this as I cleaned up the spare room for company. (First I was thinking 'where am I going to put all this ?!?!' )  I was thinking.... That we all have a room in our heart/ life that we pile all the cr@p we don't have time or energy to deal with. We ignore it as long as possible. We keep adding stuff to it. Eventually the pile is so high that it's dangerous. Eventually it's gonna topple. We can't close the door on it anymore because it's spilling out over the threshold.We now HAVE TO deal with it. Does anyone have a giant pooper scooper??


when I was scouting for images to add to this 'serious' post, I found this; the ultimate Barbie, yes she is called "Pooper Scooper Barbie"

It is interesting to note that when we turn to God for help He does not wave his magic eraser over our mess and make it all go away. Is. 43 reminds me of this when I read: when you go through deep waters and great trouble I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up, the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One...

I am not promised that I will be spared from the fire or the raging rivers. But I am promised that when I call on His name, His Great Name, He will help me.

Thank God for HIS giant pooper-scooper.  I still have to clean up the mess but He gives me the power shovel to do so. I still have to face and deal with the consequences (stinky messy consequences) but I'm not scooping it by myself.

2 comments:

  1. Good parallels here. One thing, I would spell out Isaiah for clarity for those unfamiliar with Bible abbreviations. The show Hoarders Buried Alive comes to mind and I guess we can be emotional hoarders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great reminder not only to do our regular housekeeping but our spiritual housekeeping.

    And for those of us who are lazy in both area's it's nice to be reminded we're not alone on either count!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!