Saturday, September 17, 2011

Getting Ready to GO!!

I was just thinking how many trips have Bruce and I taken together... quite a few actually...
honeymoon to the San Juan's,
road trip to S. CA for Christmas,
Montana  for my birthday,
Vacations at Priest Lake, Idaho, Astoria, Oregon and Revelstoke BC.
Camp-outs-- both tent and trailer,
working vacations,
One fabulous anniversary cruise
and big out of the country trips to Costa Rica and Macedonia...

Things we like to do on our trips, even the day trips, include; stopping at espresso stands, honking as we drive thru tunnels, pulling over on the wide side of the road and napping, taking lots of pictures, reading license plates and singing loudly badly.

We travel well together, Bruce does the majority of the driving and I read the maps. We share a "far side" bent of humor, get sillier as we get tired, and don't mind frequent stops.

Bruce has seen me at my worst... the meltdown-deer-in-the-headlight-glaze-over when we finally arrived in Costa Rica; the overwhelming fatigue and out of the comfort zone practically crippling me.... he has seen me at my best... skipping, clapping, laughing with joy in my heart as we played in the Enchanted Forest comes to mind.

I have seen him slay dragons as we venture into unknown territory-- like holidays with my side of the family...  he is Mr. Gallant and Mr. Romantic, with a good size portion of Mr. Silly thrown in for good measure...

We have experienced camp outs where we forgot the tent, didn't have reservations, got rained out and missed the ferry.... we have had experiences-- both good and bad-- with stays in hostels.... and hotels..... found some of the best fish n chip places ever, toured some cool museums, stood near some awesome waterfalls  and walked a few beaches.....

We have enjoyed the vacations, treasured the celebrations and grown from the stretching of mission oriented travels. And I look forward to many many more trips together... 

time to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!