Monday, April 18, 2011

What Needs to Change?

To know that I am living the dream that God first had for me when He knit me together in my mother's womb, will require some changes in my life. To live out my vision for my life, my life's calling, some things will need to go.

Less time on Facebook. Less time surfing the web (even if I do call it research). Less time on frivolous things.... More time in the Word. More time in prayer. More time in serious pursuit of honing my skills.

Going back to school is an option I have long resisted. Now, in just a matter of hours, it has become a burning desire, a desperate need--- I HAVE to be better at my writing. Grammar and punctuation, spelling... its the technical small details that can derail you if you are not careful. 

I am learning that in order to feel fulfilled in my life I need to  work using at least 60% or more of my core giftings, working less in the chore areas, I need to know that what I am doing will make a difference, (even if it's just to the one lone starfish on the beach) Having my work leave a legacy is important. Depending more on God as a result would be a huge benefit even if at first it means being s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d and tested.... And if my dream, my vision, my mission rewards me with the ability to meet my needs and even some of my wants... well, that would be the cherry on top of the sundae!

Tomorrow night is graduation from Dream Realization School. Months of excellent bible teaching, learning about God as He longs for us to know Him, His goodness, His sovereignty, His grace, learning how to really study the bible and glean fruit from that, getting a better understanding of Theology, being a disciple, offering counsel to others, understanding the spiritual battlefield we live in, and the power we possess as Children of God to proclaim victory over darkness! And finally discovering God's unique call on my life and the dream He held for me as He created me.... this is what 8 months of weekly tutelage under some of the best teachers I have ever met, has resulted in. WOW!!

I am setting some goals tonight. A 7 day goal, a 1 month goal, a 6 month goal and a 1 year goal. I haven't written them yet or I'd share them here right now! Stay tuned folks....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!