Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Being Thankful Day 23

Bun Warmers!! On my how I love my heated car seats!! When it takes x many miles to feel heat circulating in the car, my heated seats are warm by the time I pull out of my driveway. And on these frightfully frigid days, that is a luxury I do not take for granted. Thank you Lord for providing me with a wonderful mode of transportation that also included the extra bonus of bun warmers!

Today was also my first experience of our weekly Tuesday morning Staff Mtg. Wow! Worship, sharing thanksgiving blessings with one another and an inspiring message from our awesome Sr Pastor. Whoo!Hoo! That'll get ya charged up and ready to face the day! Can we do that every morning??
What an amazing blessing to have landed a job where I am surrounded with Christian co-workers and the feeling of family. It is truly awesome!!

And again, as we face this wild wooly winter wave, I am just to thankful again for this warm cozy house to come home too. I have my recliner facing the wood stove so my feet can soak up the heat, my cat is stretched out like a limp dishrag under the foot rest of the chair. He is quite thankful too, I'm sure for the warmth.

Warm thick socks, wool sweaters, fuzzy mittens and colorful hats and scarves... all things we are probably taking for granted as we dress each day to go about our business. but so many people are homeless tonight and it is cold enough to literally freeze to death. What can we do to extend mercy and compassion to those poor souls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!