Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Clay Pots

So we have this treasure in clay jars so that it may be made clear that this extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us. 2 Corinthians 4.7

I was struck this morning with the reminder that I am just a little clay pot. Sometimes I joke and say I am a cracked pot. And while that could be occasionally true-- :) God still can use me.
I am God's clay pot that He fills up with His power, then he uses me to pour that power out around me. But I have to be willing to be His vessel and allow him to fill me, use me, and pour me.  I don't have to worry about whether or not I have what it takes-- God just asks me to be available. I don't have to wonder about what he will fill me with, for i know his intentions are always good.

We are the clay pots, the Treasure is the Holy Spirit. We are earthen vessels, fragile and cracked so that the power of the Holy Spirit is revealed each time we are used for His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!