Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This

Yesterday I felt great! I felt light and flexible, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! I walked 4 miles at an average of 14 minutes per mile. The sun was shining and I was able to spend most of the day under those beautiful sunny skies.

sunny skies at the bay. 

Today I feel not so great. I feel heavy and tight, barely able to put one foot in front of the other. My joints feel like they've been filled with quick setting cement.  I forced myself out the door and pushed myself to do a 2 mile walk which took almost 45 minutes to do. The sky is overcast and rain is in the forecast. I have a feeling I might spend some of this day under the covers.

some days feel black and white.

But, despite all of that. I still got out there and walked. I don't care how long it took or how slow I walked or how short a distance I covered today. It doesn't even matter that yesterday I did great. What matters is I am moving. I will not let my fickle disease control me.

some days it's a struggle to stand upright. 

I can blame it on the weather or link it to something I ate the day before that caused inflammation to occur, but some times there just is no rhyme or reason to a Fibro-Flair Up. All I can do is hang in there because it always passes. I have my little tricks for recovery and I also know when to just ride it out . In the midst of the pain and lethargy I know I can go to God for comfort.

We are pressed on every side by troubles but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed but we don't give up and quit. We are hunted down but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going. Through suffering, these bodies of ours constantly share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. 2 Corinthians 4: 8-10

Some days it's the fibromyalgia, some days it's the depression. And some times it's just life. "In this world we will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world!" Said Jesus.

That's my life line.


consider the (daisies) of the field, they neither toil not spin...





1 comment:

  1. Very true!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    If you get a chance, stop by my blog. We are sharing FB pages and Instagram accounts today. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!