Friday, October 26, 2012

Let's Meet for Coffee


coffee.... part of the fabric of our lives...

maybe that sounds kind of cheezy but I'm a cheezy kind of girl. I'm not trying to sell anything but today with all its gray liquid drizzling down and the fireplace blazing orange flames and cushy socks on my feet and a steaming hot cup of cinnamon laced coffee at my side, I just feel like writing about my favorite beverage. 


I grew up drinking coffee. As a very young girl, growing up on a dairy farm, my job was to bring the cows in from the field to be milked. Early every morning my daddy made me a large mug of coffee… O.K. it was mostly cream and sugar with a splash of coffee in it, (the original latte) but it made me feel important, grown up and most of all, loved.

One of the first dates with my hubby was at a little coffee house in Fairhaven where I introduced him to mochas. (He'd not been a coffee drinker before that and now he's quite hooked.) Some of our favorite dates take place in coffee houses, where we'll sink gratefully into the buttery softness of the leather chairs in front of the gas fireplace, steaming beverage in our hands, where we will ild away the hours, waxing poetic as we watch people come and go. 


A road trip isn't a road trip without a stop at a coffee stand to start us out.(and keep us going) A trip to the dump isn't complete without getting an espresso reward somewhere along the way. If you have been following my blog for any amount of time you probably know that just about every morning my hubby has coffee made and waiting for me when I finally roll out of bed. I tell him it's what keeps me in love with him and I'm not really joking! ;)  (OK >> I love him regardless but it's that sweet little act of service that endears him to me. coffee, the language of love, who knew?) 


I love the aroma, the feel of the mug in my hands and the conversations that take place because someone says, “Let’s meet for coffee.” It's the common denominator in the beginning when you are just starting to get to know someone , it's the standard MO when you've been friends a long time and it's the gesture that says "I want to spend some time with you" when offered. 



Who would you like to extend the hand of friendship to today? Ask someone to coffee. And watch the relationship develop over a cup. 

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me a moment...for some reason I am now dying for a cup of coffee...

    Off to make some!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!