Tuesday, October 9, 2012

application is everything...

Small Group has started up again. We're doing a 6 week series using an Andy Stanley (learn more here) study called Life App's. Our first session was "Application is Everything."


You know, the doctor can prescribe the best medicine but it doesn't help if you don't take it. You can purchase a gym membership but it does no good if you don't go to the gym and work out. You can study out the best healthiest eating plan in the world, but it won't help you at all if you don't follow the meal plan. 

Application makes all the difference. 

James 1: 22-24: Do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves. DO WHAT IT SAYS (emphasis mine)  Those who listen to the word but do not do what it says are like people who look at their faces in a mirror and after looking at themselves go away and immediately forget what they look like.

then came the question...

What resolutions have you recently made but failed to apply? 

I read this question and immediately thought of every New Year's Resolution I've ever made.... of every diet plan I have failed to follow through on.... on every promise I've made to exercise every day, every budget I've said I would stick to, and the best laid plans for improving myself spiritually. 
Yes, I felt like a loser and not in a pounds off kind of way.

Real life change happens in the doing.
 
I can put on my spiffy new walking shoes but unless I go out and walk, my feet might look good but my health won't be any better. I can plan out better eating habits but if I ignore the carrots and reach for the cookies instead..... and I can read my bible every day but until I actually put into practice the things that I read, it will just be words on a page rather than directives in my heart. Application is everything and it's time to apply it. it's time to DO WHAT IT SAYS. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!