Monday, July 9, 2012

I should be studying

Tomorrow I will drive the 90 minutes it takes to reach the Big Post Office in Everett,  to take the postal workers exam. Am I anxious? A little. Tests, especially 'timed' ones, will do that to a person. I did get the Postal Workers guidebook from the library last week and it has the test in it so you can study and take the test and see how well you do and where you need to study more.

The more I study, the more I realize how long it's been since I've been in school and needed to study for anything!! And I realize my forgetter works a whole lot better than my rememberer. Acck! Well, the bottom line is, I am counting on God to open or close the door. I am doing my part by preparing as best I can and then leave the rest up to Him. If working in a post office is where He wants me, then I will soon find out!

I also have discovered just how good I  am at procrastinating. I will allow all sorts of things to distract me from the things I don't want to do. And funny how even some of the things I don't want to do normally, suddenly become much more attractive when contrasted against something even less attractive. Suddenly dishes, laundry and bed making seem SO vital when compared to homework. And all of those things can be dropped down further on the list when I realize I haven't blogged in a few days and I need to get something up!

Yesterday, Sunday, was the perfect day. Worship in the morning, followed by a lazy sunny day. Some dear friends stopped by for a brief visit after church and we sat in the shade and enjoyed the wafting breeze and  the heat and sipped glasses of iced tea. After they left hubby kicked back in his chair for the Sunday nap and I lost myself in a good book until the heat induced sleepies pulled me under and I too was out for the count. I can't remember the last time I napped for as long as I did and when I finally woke up, it had finally cooled off enough to sit in the dining room and look at my study book again. Too bad my back was complaining, making sitting for too long an uncomfortable thing. Too bad the mosquitoes were bugging me. Too bad I was suddenly so hungry. Yes, anything to distract me.

Like so many things in life.... we get so easily distracted. It is a constant battle for me to keep the better thoughts, the positive ones, the life giving ones, at the forefront. Instead so often it's the negative, life draining thoughts that threaten to consume me. I have to chose to focus on the positive, chose to make the healthy better options be the ones I go with. Chose to put God first no matter what.

Back to the books I go. And I think some time in God's Book needs to come first.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!