Thursday, May 31, 2012

the word

today's scripture reading has me in 1 Thessalonian 2. The last phrase of verse 13 caught me.  The full verse says:  Therefore, we never stop thanking God that when you received his message from us, you didn't think of our words as mere human ideas. You accepted what we said as the very word of God--which, of course, it is. And this word continues to work in you who believe.

I like meditating on this. It reminds me that no matter how much (or truth be told, how little) time I spend in God's Word, I take it with me when I close my Bible and get up to go about my day. Because I have the Spirit of the Living Christ, living in me, I have The Word. What a gift! What a promise!

Whatever we as believers embark on today, we can do it with confidence and assurance. Because even after we close our bibles and move on with all that we have planned for this day, we do it with the Living Word of God.




for the word of God is alive and active. Hebrews 4.12

1 comment:

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!