Saturday, November 5, 2011

the Will of God

I have struggled with posting on the blog the last couple of days, starting numerous posts and deleting them because I felt stuck in what to say and how to say it. I have felt sick off and on all week... unsure if I have been fighting a mysterious flu bug or just feeling under attack. My emotions have been gallivanting all over the place and the most comforting treatment has been to sleep. (I started to wonder if stopping my anti-depressants was a bad choice to have made right now, but there will always be something to stress about so when would be a good time??)


last night my husband turned to me and asked if any of this was connected to his trip.  i started laughing because, really? you have to ask that? but after the laughing stopped, the tears began and from there we were able to each share openly about the fears and doubts attacking us both over what is taking place in our lives.

we have been separated before because of a mission trip and while neither of us is sorry he went, we both swore 'never again' but that is a mistake when you have committed yourself to living out your life according to God's Will. Still, we ask the question "If God brought us together to serve Him, why would he ask us to do things that separate us?" We don't have an answer but we are firm in our commitment none the less.



This morning in one of my email-subscribed blog's, I received this beautiful picture. It was exactly what I needed to receive today. It is exactly the reminder I needed.

1 comment:

  1. That IS an awesome message. Love the transparency here. Praying and knowing it will all work to His good.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!