Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blessings

Have you heard the new song by Laura Story? Blessings (listen here). Much like Amy Grant's Better than a Hallelujah ( listen here) it causes a paradigm shift. We think blessings come in beautifully wrapped packages but what if it comes through raindrops? What if your healing comes through tears? What if its a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes  to know you are near? We think hallelujahs are supposed to be  full of praise but what if the hearts cry of brokenness is more precious to God ? That's what both these simple profound songs are saying; what if trials of this life are His mercies in disguise?

When I look back over the valleys in my life, the road bumps, the detours, the seemingly dead ends, and see where it has brought me today, I can say with all honesty, this is where I am supposed to be. And it makes the hurts and disappointments worth it somehow.
What took place back then is what prepared me for and brought me to this place here today. And whatever I am going through today is preparing me for what is next.

How sweet it is to know that with Jesus, the BEST is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!