Friday, April 29, 2011

Promises

I was reading from Romans 4 this morning and the verse about the promises God made to Abraham got me thinking... what are the promises God has made to me?

My bible, the New Living Translation, has this neat feature that posts verses that contain a promise from God at the top of the page. In the back of my bible is a list of all those promises so you can look up a subject and fine the correlating verse. As I glanced over the list, these are just a FEW of the promises from our Gracious God.

  • Freedom
  • Love
  • Joy
  • Protection
  • Hope
  • Healing
  • Forgiveness
  • The Holy Spirit
  • Comfort
  • Courage
  • Friendship
  • Direction
  • Adoption
  • Eternal Life
What an amazing list -- and there are so many more. Wow. If I made a list like that about my husband I would be falling in love with him all over again and again and again. And while my sweet hubby does do a pretty amazing job of making and keeping promises, some of the things on this list are not possible for him to do at all. But, God can. And it makes me fall in love with Him all over again!
 

One of God's Visible Promises, taken at Tall Timber Ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!