Thursday, May 6, 2010

Retail Therapy

Yahoo for shopping! After work today we headed down town for a little retail therapy! always a good thing but we'll need to go a little earlier next time... a lot of stores were closed or closing.
I have had my eye on a white eyelet dress hanging in a window. saw it every time we drove by to work. so that's where I headed, with Wendi in tow. While the dress was even sweeter on than hanging in the window, i ended up buying a skirt instead.  I love the white eyelet but who am I kidding. White + Robyn = trouble. I know I'd wear it once and end up with a bad stain. but the skirt i bought is very fun. I will wear it for our last night dinner celebration.

dinner tonight with Jyl Smith at the same place Ryan took us our first night. She shared some fascinating information regarding the Macedonian Culture. She talked about how hard it is for her to make connections being a woman and that whole less than equal mentality.  Medical care is way below par and the way children are raised, with little structure or rules, sounds depressing. I appreciate what she had to say about her own calling to reach out to the unsaved/the world, rather than the churched. Jyl is a lovely woman and her gentle spirit is soothing.

Audrey got to attend worship practice and is going to play with the worship band on Sunday night service. She plays guitar and sings. looking forward to attending church here.  I need to do some singing.

Speaking of singing, today as I walked to the office i was singing and one of the ladies who works at the center, heard me and started singing 'Alleluia" to the tune of Amazing Grace. We ended up singing that together and that was awesome. we were walking arm and arm singing, two women who do not speak the same language but united in spirit and lifting our voices in praise to God. AWESOME!! When we were done, she managed to convey to me that she wanted me to sing it in English. I complied and she clapped her hands and nodded when I was done. Simple things yet so profound.

Finished the work day with me cranking up the music on the laptop and playing it for the team as they worked  on painting in the soon to be cafe, another part of the sports center. Praise music is a sure fire way to chase the devil far far away!!

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I was once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see. 
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia, alluia, Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia, alluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!