Sunday, November 15, 2015

Step by Step

O God, you are my God
and I will ever praise you!
I will seek you in the morning
I will learn to walk in your ways.
And step by step
You'll lead me and 
I will follow you all of my days.*



Life has been good. I've been busy. The empty page for writing that used to taunt me has taken a back burner to the activities God's been bringing me. I got a job!
I started in Oct. Its part time and seasonal which means after Christmas we will see if they want to keep me on. But the job is great and I'm helping people and surrounded by good people. Its working in a Christian bookstore-- what a good fit! Books, Jesus and serving others!





I've been too busy to worry about writing although there are days the thought nags at me that I've neglected my blog, neglected my muse, neglected my creative side. But being involved in others lives has kept me from going too deep into worry.




With the changing of the clock and the changing of the seasons came the potential for an increase in feeling lethargic. In times past it's gotten me down pretty low. This year I was prepared for it mentally and it hasn't dropped me to my knees. I still have days when it feels like my anti-depressant isn't working as well as it should but I'm pushing on, refusing to let that stop me from reaching for positive things.



I have an exciting goal set for January of going to visit my daughter and grandkids in Florida and the job is the blessing that will allow it to happen! It's long past due for a visit.

All in all, life is good. And I just keep taking one day at a time, one step at a time, letting God take the lead.



* lyrics from Rich Mullins, Sometimes/Step by Step

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your job! It does sound like a perfect fit!

    Also I love all the pictures. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!