Friday, June 26, 2015

I've Been Meaning to Write


and by write, I mean something of significance. 
Too many days and weeks have drifted by with nary a whisper of inspiration to stir my heart to write. It's a little scary and frustrating and depressing. 



At our last writers group gathering we decided to create a homework assignment where for every day we don't write, we'll at least list the reason why. 



 too often my excuse is this...



but really it's more like... I can't think of anything to write, or I don't feel like writing so I might as well diddle the day away by scrolling thru' facebook. 

GAH.

I guess it's been coming on for some time now. Feeling like I don't have anything creative left to blog about or write a short story about. I've got lots of stories written that could certainly use editing but I just don't feel the unction to do that either.


At that last meeting, we each shared what helps us get moving again when we've gotten stuck. For me its taking a trip. Something about a road trip or a camping adventure always seems to help kick it back in gear. 


I've got a backpacking adventure coming up 4th of July weekend. Here's hoping the muse will be here when I get back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!