Sunday, November 23, 2014

Jehovah Jireh!

The Lord will provide.
Plain and simple that's what Jehovah Jireh means.

I've learned a lot about God as Provider over the years. His faithfulness knows no bounds.

Remember how He provided daily for the Israelites as they wandered in the wilderness? Each day He sent them quail and manna and told them to gather the manna-- just enough for that day. They didn't need to worry about tomorrow (though they often did)

I'm no different. I guess I am guilty of some short term memory loss because it's so easy for me to get worked up about my needs for tomorrow. I get to the end of my rope and start to freak a bit, forgetting how God always steps in and provides what I need, just as I need it.

I love this translation from Matthew 5.3 in the Message: "You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule."

Wow.

How about verse 5...  "You're blessed when you're content with just who you are-- no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."

Things that cannot be bought...
Peace.
Love.
Joy.
Contentment.
Patience.
Friendship.
Immortality.

We won't find any of those on sale this Black Friday.

I'm working on not worrying about tomorrow. I'm working on a lot of stuff lately, but mostly... mostly I'm letting God work on me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!