|Finding beauty in the day. My favorite view of Mt Baker and Twin Sisters, from Hwy 9|
I have a very dear friend who always, and I mean, ALWAYS, finds beauty in her day. She inspires me to no end, with this attitude, especially since she is a cancer SURVIVOR. So, despite the good bad and ugly that you might expect to come with depression and physical pain, I am, PRAISE THE LORD, seeing beauty, not ugliness.
- I do feel better. Stable. More evened out. Not so overwhelmed by little things like making phone calls or leaving the house.
|halfway to goal!|
- I have even lost some weight! I set a goal awhile back and I have reached my halfway point. Celebrating being able to get back into some 'skinnier' jeans that have been tucked in the drawer for sometime....
- My sister and her hubby have decided to move 'back home' after being in S. Ca for 30 some years. They will be here next week and I cannot tell you how excited I am over this! I realized the other day that my sister and I have never lived in the same area as adults, where I had the FREEDOM to visit her whenever we wanted. The times she and her husband resided in our county, I was prohibited by the controller I was married to at the time, from having her over or going to her house, unless he approved it. Which wasn't very often. So I am delighted that this option is now before me. Sister-time will be happening on a regular basis!! whoo hoo!
|ready for the 4th of July|
- Progress-- and I mean GREAT progress has been made with my mom. While she still won't admit she likes her new digs, she has settled in and is opening up more to the other residents and joining in some activities. Other great news is I found a new doctor for her who makes HOUSE CALLS. HELLO!!! Yes, it's a nurse practitioner and one of the places on their approved list for visiting patients in the facility is right where my mother is living. While I will still be in attendance for those Dr. visits, it is a huge burden lifted to have this service.
- pretty sure my foot still has the stress fracture. but it does feel better...
- going back to work this week on the regular schedule was a toughie. Today made day 4 and I have tomorrow off and then work Saturday. Yah, even though the boss and I talked and had this cool understanding about me working 3-4 days a week he could not make it happen after all. He is out of the office a lot so I am just getting Fridays off for right now... could be worse.
- torn and undecided now about whether to continue with this job or not. Listing the pros and cons don't add up to much when I am in pain.
- Work has been pretty much at a standstill for the hubby. Frustrating. We get a lot of phone calls and leads on jobs but they don't pan out or something else comes up. We are holding on, faith is important, trust is important, especially in times like these... like Mother Teresa is credited with saying " God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."
- This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.
- I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.
- My grace is sufficient for you,( Says the Lord) My power works best in your weakness.
- I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope.
- We have had sunshine for a week straight and it's been glorious. Not too hot, just perfect summer days, one right after the other.
- I am in love with my husband and he loves me. Super uber goodness right there.
|when your husband writes this in chalk and then nonchalantly walks you passed it on your way home, that's love.|