Sunday, May 12, 2013

Carrying On The Theme

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it! 
Psalm 118.24

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again~ rejoice! 
Philippians 4.4

God has a way of speaking to us, even when we forget to listen. 

MOVING DAY. LOOKS LIKE WE GOT US A CONVOY.

Yesterday was Moving Day for Mom. I wrote before the move started about letting the day be a day for gladness, even though I knew the challenges that laid before us. I am so glad God planted that verse in my heart yesterday morning because before we'd even gotten the first piece of furniture out the door my mom was freaking out and causing all of us within earshot to cringe. I was about to lose it myself when I put my hands on her shoulders (instead of around her neck-- Just Kidding!!!) I put my hands on her shoulders and gently whispered "Mom, this is the day the Lord has made, let's rejoice and be glad in it." 

CHECKING THINGS OUT JUST BEFORE THE CHAOS BEGINS

There was a transitional moment as the words settled upon both of us and I knew we were going to be okay. I repeated the verse a couple of times during the day as the move progressed and tempers flared and frustration levels frazzled.... and each time it was the perfect mantra to bring the blood pressure down and keep us breathing smoothly. Thank you Jesus.


FERGIE CATCHING A RIDE 

MY LIL BROTHER BRIAN PUT IN A FULL DAY MAKING SURE MOM WOULD BE COMFORTABLE

DISCUSSING WHERE TO PUT THE NAIL TO HANG A PICTURE.


MOM'S SNAZZY NEW SHOWER CURTAIN. THE WORLD IS HER OYSTER. 

Mid afternoon my brother and I slipped out of the new apartment and went back to his place to get a few things. We were searching for a piece of furniture in his garage that might work for storage in her tight quarters. We spotted the forgotten microwave cart tucked in a corner and knew this was perfect for the spot we were thinking. We began emptying it and wiping off the dust. I pulled some junk from the bottom drawer and unearthed a small framed picture that when I turned over gave me a cry of delight. It was a sweet little farm scene with flowers and such with the bible verse from Psalms printed across the picture. Yes, This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

"This is going with us and we are going to hang it on her wall where she can see it first thing every morning!" I  informed my brother. 

LOOKING LIKE HOME. 

The day was pretty successful if you take into account that we got it 99% done in one afternoon, no one was hurt and only a couple of small meltdowns happened. ( not naming any names) Mom had her first meal, supper, in the dining room and met a few of the residents. 

WHAT'S FOR SUPPER?

We left her shortly after supper, to settle in and adjust to her new surroundings. I know change is hard for all of us, more so the older we get and more set in our ways. I know the first few days will be interesting as she learns her way around the place, adjusts to going down to the dining room for her meals and finds all her things in new locations! But Moms are resilient if nothing else and I think she will do just fine. 

Oh, and the continuation of the theme? This morning my daily devotional reading began with this familiar verse from Philippians about always being full of joy-- I say it again.... REJOICE!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!