Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013

I saw this on a friends Facebook page and I thought... why not give it a whirl....




One Word
In giving some thoughts to goals and resolutions for this shiny new year, I decided to pick a word to live by this year. I am choosing 'gratitude'. We are encouraged, even commanded, in scripture to give thanks in all things and I realize that although my faith is strong and I trust God to care for me, to meet my needs and to bring me plans for good and not for harm, I am still not always fully aware and appreciative of all that I have. I don't always have an attitude of gratitude.

In the face of disappointments and challenges, remaining grateful can be trying at times. It will be good for me to find something each and every day to be thankful for. And not just thankful for the good things, but, pardon my Pollyanna, to find a reason to be grateful even in the things that are negative. Yah... I guess I like a challenge.

Today I am grateful for.... heat. It's darn chilly out!! But wow, what a spectacular view when the sunshine hits the frost!!

What I want:
To spend more time with family, especially those who live far away. I want to celebrate my next birthday with my sister (and it doesn't have to be in December) I want to visit my daughter and family again. For Christmas would be AWESOME!!!! I'd like to visit my brother and sister-in-law in Montana... maybe this summer.

What I need:
this is a good question to ask ourselves every once in awhile. Especially if preceded with "really".  What do I REALLY need?
Good health.
to be kinder
to slow down and appreciate the moment... (be grateful in it!)
A few close relationships. God and  Husband tops that list.
food, clothing, shelter.
simple really....

What I will share:
the Light of Jesus Christ. In word, in deed. The HOPE that lives within me.

What I will succeed in this year: 
I hope I will be successful in accomplishing my list! I'd like to memorize more scripture and be more proficient (confident) in having an answer for the hope that lives within me.

What about you? What are your goals, dreams, aspirations and resolutions for 2013? Whatever you pursue, I wish you success.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!