Saturday, July 14, 2012

Adventures in Missions!



Today I am supposed to be with my husband, helping with preparations for next Saturdays Fundraiser for our next mission adventure. (see picture)

Supposed to be.

Instead, I woke up with inflammation in all my joints which then led to my back going into spasms and now I am stuck at home feeling a little sorry for myself and a lot frustrated!!  And it's too warm to lay on a heating pad and ice won't do the trick in this case. I think that would make me tense even more and right now this *twinge* in my back needs to R-E-L-A-X!!!  I swear, my back goes out more than I do!!

Well, at the very least, let me use this opportunity to increase your knowledge about the mission trip we are going on in December. I think I've posted about this a little bit before but it's good to keep current events current!!

In December Bruce and I will be going to Costa Rica for 2 weeks to help with work on an orphanage there. We will be traveling with the founders of ABINA ministries and working with two Christian based orphanages... I will let co-founder Colette explain a little about ABINA and what they do:

 ABINA is short for "A Blessing In A...” The ending was purposely left blank to allow God the place to fill the need. 

Believing that all things are possible with God, that all blessings are from Him, and to walk by faith and not by sight alone, the dream of ABINA is in its third year of blessing others.
It is through giving that we become part of a greater whole, with the ultimate privilege of giving to not only those in need, but to our Lord Jesus Christ. 


With heartfelt appreciation, thank you for taking the time to learn more about ABINA and our current outreach projects for two Christian orphanages in Costa Rica. Hogar de Vida provides loving care for children aged newborn to ten years old, while Residence of Life cares for children newborn to 18 years of age who are not adoptable. 


You can read more about ABINA and follow their blog here

The fundraiser we are having next weekend is a Chili Challenge. Enter your pot of chili and perhaps you will be the winner! Or sign up to be a judge and do some taste-testing. Or just come out and have fun sampling chili, enjoying music, games, buggy rides and raffles. Its going to be a very fun day!

And there is still so much to do in preparations for it and here I sit-- or lay-- not able to do much of anything.  I suppose there's a lesson in all of this but right now I'm a little too close to see it.



1 comment:

  1. Praying you feel better soon!

    This sound like a fun fundraiser and very worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!