Thursday, June 28, 2012

and the coffee grows cold

I can't drink it.

This is the saddest post ever I am sure but for several days in a row, a strange thing has occurred. I can't drink my coffee. I am plagued with heartburn, which was brought on by the prescribed prednisone, which was needed to counter-act the hives that broke out as a reaction to the ant bites. I am living off of tums, yogurt and acid reducing medication. Just the smell of coffee starts twisting my gut right now. And itching? Oh yes, still, after more than 2 weeks, the little bite marks on my foot and ankle are still making me insane!! the hives are gone, thank God, but I still itch where the original bites took place. So I am still ingesting Benadryl on a regular basis and applying topical anti-itch cream.

And then my toilet broke.

It's Robyn and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

But, and I mean this, I will NOT let the enemy steal my JOY. I am a Child of God and the enemy cannot touch me.

It is comforting to know that JOY comes from a place that has nothing to do with circumstances. Happiness might, but JOY comes from a deeper well, a well that is filled by the Spirit of the Living God.


I found this verse this morning (with my own paraphasing added.....) in Romans 14:17:

for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking,(coffee)  but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
So, I will persevere. This allergic reaction will eventually subside. The toilet will eventually get fixed. and hopefully, soon, the *joy* that I usually experience over my morning cup of java, will return. 
meanwhile.... my cup of coffee sits untouched and I need more tums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!