Thursday, November 10, 2011

He Writes!

 I had email from Bruce this afternoon where it is Early Friday morning in his world. I am happy to share his words with you here and ask for your continued prayers over the work and ministry he is involved in. 


Konnichiwa honey !
This email has to be short and sweet.
my computer will not pickup the signal like everyone elses so I am borrowing wes's while everyone else is having worship on the other side of our tarp divider wall in the barracks.
Yesterday we continued work that the others started a couple days ago about an hours ride into the tsunami zone. I hung drywall japanese style and saw many neighborhoods where homes were randomly either totally destroyed and removed or still standing, vacant with gaping holes through the walls. The sound of excavators and jackhammers is commonplace. There was a pile of collected debris that is like a small mountain.
I wish I could send some pictures but this computer is borrowed. The camera batteries ran out again yesterday anyway. I was dead meat yesterday by 3 because of jet lag. went to bed at 730 and slept all night. today should be better. The guys I am working with and have otherwise met are all simple folks (handymen, etc.) who are here because God called them. Gary is moving to england after this to be maintenance man for a ministry. Dave is staying here 3 months and has spent the last few years volunteering wherever natural disasters have struck.
Gotta go. Pray for healing of Japanese hearts through Jesus Christ!
And for an internet connection of my own !

Bruce (in green shirt) at the work site in Japan. I was able to access this picture from one of the other guys there working in the Tsunami Zone.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I think what your husband is doing is terrific. How blessed the Japanese people are to have him and the others in his Mission group. I know this also involves a certain sacrifice with you being separated and all, I just think your terrific too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to hear from him. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!