Monday, November 7, 2011

Bye Bye Love

all my bags are packed... I'm ready to go....
my sister said something this morning that I am borrowing: Bruce is flying to the Land of the Rising Sun, IN the Hands of the Risen Son. I like that!!


looking a little sleepy but ready to go none-the-less
and he is somewhere in the air.... sigh....

A 9 hour flight from Seattle to Tokyo, plus he moves 16 hours ahead.... I'd say that will certainly make the need for transition time important!!

We spent some time sitting quietly and praying this morning before I took him to the airporter shuttle. We held each other and we cried a little. Good byes are never easy. One of his prayer requests is that during this time apart, as we each serve in our own way, it would be revealed to both of us, what the purpose is for us to be separated in this particular mission. Perhaps for some couples there is no big mystery; it is what it is: one person called to 'go and do' in a specific place while the other one stays home. End of story. But that isn't how my honey sees it and he wants a better understanding of why. Perhaps he suspects this might be the beginning of something that will require much from us in this way. I don't know. But I can say if there is a purpose and the purpose can be revealed, then I am right beside my husband in praying for clarity!

We also made some plans for when he gets home. His return is right before Thanksgiving and we had already decided to have our family gathering on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. So we are going to take the little trailer and take off for a couple of days and go camping! 3 days/2 nights down at Fort Casey on Whidbey Island. We are excited about the prospect of just being alone for that time, in a campground practically guaranteed to be empty, and have some time for Bruce to decompress, and defrag, and for us to re-connect. Can't wait!!

But.... first we have two weeks to slug through. I know he will be busy every minute of each day with some new experience and I will treasure any time he is able to throw my way either via email or skype. And besides a large stack of books, I have evening commitments (Dream School, Small Group, church) plus the coffee dates I have scheduled with gal-pals and the young ladies I have recently started mentoring. Life will be full.... and I will be fine.

2 comments:

  1. I really like that quote from your sister. It sounds like you have so much to look forward to when he gets back. Thoughts and prayers with you in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both blessed to have the risen Son and one another!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!