Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Home

 *Sigh*

I was just reading one of my favorite blogs, Farmgirl Paints . She was talking about home and I was stirred by the feelings her topic touched on.

Yes, I am a home body. I love the days when I have no places to go or people to see or things to do. It's an irony given the fact that I also have a deep seated wanderlust in my bones. Perhaps there is a wee strain of gypsy in me... I constantly daydream about travel and moving and starting anew some where else. My ultimate dream (aside from the one of seeing one of my novels in print)  is to buy a sweet little R.V. and embark on the mother of all road trips: in and around the U.S.of.A. and travel, travel, travel for an undetermined amount of time.

Yet, this I know about myself: I will always be glad to come 'home' at the end of each day. Regardless of whether my home is right here, right now, (living room, sweats, favorite chair, near the fire) or a cozy camper (parked near a sparkling stream in the middle of heartland America-- or the middle of the Kmart Kampground) there is something about arriving home...

Although my mom received excellent care during her extended stay in the nursing home and she made friends and kept busy, I could tell how relieved she was to be back in her own home again. We all have our routines and we know where everything is and how things will be done. 

Yes, there is something about home...
it's... where your heart is.


I can't even begin to imagine (cue the song I Can Only Imagine)  my eternal home coming arrival, when I will be able to curl up on the couch of Heaven, hanging out with my Jesus, celebrating the fact that I have finally arrived!

THAT brings me a truly contended *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I find it difficult to explain my desire to be home and desire to wander. Hubby and I, too, hope to one day buy an RV and roam the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to travel, and yet I understand the need to feel at home. We are currently praying about our next move. It should be a more permanent one. I think I will be content with it, but I will also still have wanderlust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your comment about curling up on the heavenly couch. What a wonderfully sweet thought. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I have an airstream camper dream too. It involves Hawaii:)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!