Saturday, June 11, 2011

When You've Hit A Wall

it's best to just lay there awhile before you get up. 

I am so in need of this day to do nothing. I need downtime desperately. 
I need downtime on a regular basis actually and this week has not allowed for any. 
I'm not whining. I'm just stating facts. 

I slept in and when I did get up it took THREE cups of coffee to get me motivated to do anything other than just sit in my recliner and breathe.
So then, I puttered.
Oh the pure joy of puttering!!!
Even if it was mundane chores like...
laundry and dishes and cleaning the kitchen counters and floor.
Even if it was non-productive time like...
catching up on other peoples blogs, or facebook (or... for shame, soap opera daily updates!) Simple pleasures, guilty pleasures, whatever you want to call them, it was truly bliss.

Mom is in good hands and even in good spirits. We talked on the phone this morning and she sounded great. She had been bathed, dressed and eaten breakfast and was expecting some physical therapy of some sort to happen soon she said. I will go in to visit her this evening as I know she has a friend coming to visit her this afternoon.

I will need to take care of this paperwork matter for getting her medical care covered and making sure Mom's bills get paid and so on..... and I also need to tend to my own paperwork for the job which was put on hold this week. (Grateful for understanding future employers)

but for today....

for right now...

I can enjoy...
the smell of a clean house...
fresh coffee brewing...
birds chirping...
a quiet house...

and feelings of...
relief...
comfort...
peace...

what blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had that kind of day. It sounds like you needed it! Also glad to hear that your mom is doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of those things (especially a clean kitchen and a clean smelling house)! Hope that your day was restful and restorative :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!