Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Queen for the Day

Thank you dear blogger friends for all your love and support during this tough time with my mom. If I don't always get a personal response back to you, please know I appreciate you all very much!!

Today was a Red Letter Day!! Mom is SO much better and partly because we got her OFF one of the med's she was being given that she doesn't normally take. (loss of independence strikes again-- the nurse was just following orders on the Rx-- but mom was able to discern whether she needed this one or not-- and she usually only took it at night)


I surprised her with this dollar store tiara today and she just loved it!
Queen Ruth

practicing her royal wave for the nurses. she is such a ham!

me n' my mommy. We're both royalty.... because we are daughters of the King!
We even got outside today and enjoyed the sunshine! Thank you Jesus for this special day with my mom!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics of you and your mom! I am a CNA and worked in Nursing Homes and with the elderly and sick and that is my passion. I stay home now with our kids but one day I plan if God willing to get back into it. I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww those pictures are great! My great-grandma lived in an assisted living facility for the last ten years of her life or so (she lived to be 102). My grandpa (her son) visited her every day. One thing he did to pass the time was to give her manicures because it gave them both something to do with their hands and she really enjoyed being pampered like that. Your pictures reminded me of that time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! Glad you and your mom had a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!