Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Power of Decision Making

Huge Sigh of Relief this morning.

Since my mom's fall and subsequent hospitalization, my life has become a new kind of 'normal'. Between the hospital and arranging her move to the convalescent home, applying for medical assistance with her medical care, talking to Dr's and physical therapists, getting her clothes and seeing to other needs, there has not been any time for me to really even think about "the job."

Most nights I have come home on empty; not complaining-- just calling it what it is. Last night after dinner Bruce and I were finally able to have some time to really just talk. About all that has been going on with Mom, and the changes yet to come. It has been great that my potential new employer has been supportive and understanding as I have had to postpone any moving forward on job training. I know if I was to begin training I would need and want to be able to give 100% to that. And right now I can't. I know my 'bandwidth' and right now all of my energy is going to family stuff.

So with my husbands blessing and a feeling of peace, I called the company this morning and told them I was declining the job. They were so gracious and understanding once again and it made me remember why I would love to work for them in the first place. But still, the feeling of peace for knowing I made the right choice, reigns. There will be other jobs if that is what God want's for me. Right now, my first priority is my family and those around me.

Making those decisions and knowing I chose right is powerful. 

2 comments:

  1. This has been a very stressful time and I'm glad you are doing what you need to to be strong for your mom, yourself and Bruce. Keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's accident. Hoping you'll continue to be able to find peace during these tough times.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!