What do you think the scripture means when they say that the Holy Spirit, whom God has placed within us, jealously longs for us to be faithful?(James 4;5 NLT)
- God has given me the Holy Spirit to live inside me.
- The Holy Spirit can not co-exist with evil.
- If my heart harbors evil there will not be room for His Holiness.
- The Holy Spirit longs to fully fill my heart. He longs with jealousy.... a yearning, consuming jealousy, to be given access to every compartment of my heart mind and soul. 100%.
- He won't share this space with evil-- indeed He cannot.
- He cannot abide in the presence of evil.
I must humble myself before God; admit my full need of Him...
as it says in James, humble yourself before the Lord, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. When I bow down before Him and admit my dependance on Him, He will lift me up and give me honor.
Humble and Honor seem like direct opposites yet if I am humble, I will be honored.