Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rainy Wednesday

Went to sleep listening to the sound of the rain pounding against the windows, woke up to the sound of the rain pounding against the windows... I guess it's just going to rain!

Sitting in the living room with my morning coffee in one hand and my bible open on my lap, I could hear the rain trickling down the drain pipe right outside my window, only offset by the crackling fire in the wood stove. Thank goodness for the wood heat in a day like today!

Flood warnings are in effect for this week. The sky is the color of ash and the soggy ground on which the rain lands is taking a beating. Yet above the beat of the rain is the chirping of birds... hope in the midst of a hopeless kind of day.

That is how I feel about God. No matter how gray my day, no matter how depressing or hopeless I may feel, there is always, always HOPE.

~~the promise of better days spoken to me in the buds of the pussy willow tree~~
Wishing you HOPE, boundless hope, on this rainy Wednesday~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!