Friday, March 25, 2011

One Year, Two Years

I just realized I have been blogging for a year now! In fact, I missed the actual blog-a-versary date which is so unlike me, who remembers each and every occasion for celebration!

I have been trying to spend more 'quality time' visiting and reading other blogs. It's not always easy because of time but I do appreciate my fellow bloggers. We all have something important to say!

Speaking of having something to say..... Today I had lunch with a couple of my gal-pals. (And we all had something to say! lol)  These are two very special ladies that came into my life as a result of owning/operating Curves. One was a member and the other was an employee. And I love that we have a friendship independent of what originally brought us together. And that is has continued post Curves! These two ladies have given me fresh perspectives on life and love and laughter and continue to do so. What a gift!

I am by nature pretty content in my own private company and I could easily slide into a hermit lifestyle, if not for my hubby who needs much social interaction. Even though I love my friends, I do have a tendency to gravitate towards just doing things by myself. I need a lot of down time but I also need the comfort and companionship that having girlfriends provide for me. Sometimes I have to be prodded to remember that.

It's been 2 years this month, since I sold my Curves club. I learned a lot about women while I was running it. I learned a lot about myself while running it! I look back on my time with mixed emotions. I am relieved to no longer be involved. I don't regret doing it but I am happy to be done. Like I said, I met a lot of wonderful, amazing women because of it and some of them are still in my life. Again, gifts.

Last night, we had dinner with a group of friends and one of those women was another Curves connection. The friendship that is growing from this connection shows promise and potential as our husbands have connected and ideas are popping between all of us about some interesting-- possible-- life changing-- things!

So, here's to the things that bring the gifts of  friendship into our lives. Celebrate the gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!