Monday, November 8, 2010

Being Thankful Day 8

Fresh Starts!

It's Monday and while for some, that causes groaning, I am taking it as a day of fresh starts. I am going to load up the CD player with some high energy praise music and grab my duster and my mop and make the whole house sparkle! I am going to put fresh sheets on the bed and get the laundry going. I am going to chase any and all blues away today! and I am going to be thinking purposely positive thoughts, reflecting on my blessings, not just blogging about them...

... my home and all the things in it that help me live comfortably. As I clean and straighten each thing I can register the blessing that particular item provides me. A roof over my head? a bed to sleep in? food to eat and a place to store it and cook it? Fresh safe water supply? a way to keep my clothes clean? a way to communicate with family and friends? oh! more than one way to communicate with family and friends!! for every text I send, for every email I receive, for every phone call, letter or face to face conversation today, I want to be deliberately thankful.

Too many things I take for granted... even my health. When I go to Curves today and work out I will think about the muscles in my body that allow me to move. When I call to schedule my annual mammo I will be thankful for medical technology.

When I sing along with the cd I will really think about the words. I will let the calm wash over me, let the praise lift me up... Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy praise, streams of mercy, never ceasing, call for songs of loudest praise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!