Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I Saw The Light!

Winter and the long dark days ahead are not really my friend. Too many previous winters have proven that. Depression complicated by Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) can make for some pretty bleak and exhausting days.

 Last year I swore I would NOT go through another winter without one of those Happy Lights. True to my word, I purchased one a couple weeks ago. It's a compact size so its convenient to move from space to space as needed. I had it set up in my kitchen window sill to start, letting it wake me as I made breakfast but I found that kind of startling light that early in the morning just didn't make sense to me, non-early bird that I am. I moved it to my work space, next to my computer. I think the discipline of sitting by the light at my computer desk will double as incentive to do some writing! Brilliant idea!!

It's only been a couple of weeks so I can't speak with authority to the job its doing but I am hopeful.


As I have done in past years on my Facebook account, I've been posting each day a gratitude or what I am thankful for that day.

That's a great way to remind ourselves of all we have been blessed with in this life. Some of the things I've posted are simple: warm home, coffee, cozy socks. Some have more significance: a loving husband, friends, good health. Some have deeper meaning: God's gift of salvation, being His child, eternal life in Christ.

Whether it's elementary or complex, the mind experiences a shift in attitude when our hearts exhibit gratitude. 

Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all things. 1 Thessalonians 5.16-18

Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away. Have you made a thankful list? If not, what are you waiting for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!