Tuesday, April 26, 2016

This, That and The Other Thing

this....
I'm taking a writing course! 
The School of Creative Christian Writing, taught by Jeanne Halsey, is halfway through and I am being challenged both in thought and emotions. It's good and it has got me back into some writing. This is good! More on that another day. It's a lot to process!

that...
Speaking of writing...
The Christian Women Writers Group that I co-facilitate with my sister, has caught the attention of a friend who hosts a Podcast on FaithPlace. She has invited my sis and I to come be interviewed for her show as a way to encourage other women to start their own group! It will be a live interview. Little nervous about that! It's happening on May 5th on the Karolyn Merriman Show at 10 am. Since it's a podcast, you can catch the interview anytime.

the sassy sisters sparkling in high fashion jewelry
the other thing...
Sparkling Over Here....
About 15 years ago I took a leap into the field of being an independent distributor for a jewelry company called Premier Designs. I had some fun for a few months but due to other things going on in my life, I kind of ran into a wall and let it go. My beautiful niece, who was responsible for recruiting me back then, has been with the company for more than 16 years and it's proved very profitable and rewarding for her. Every once in awhile she'd check in with me and ask if I'd ever consider coming back to rep the line. I'd say "thanks but no thanks" but then in February when she asked me again, it just seemed there was a definite nudge to really consider it. So, I took the leap again and resigned with Premier. I'm now a Jewelry Lady! I've always been impressed with the company and all it stands for and the jewelry is lovely. I've done my training show and have launched seemingly successfully. I am excited and see this as an opportunity to continue in a ministry to women. It's not about sales. It's about service and I was created to serve!  I'm still working one or two days a week at the Christian bookstore so this is a perfect compliment to my busy life.

and just a tad bit more..
We've been working on some remodeling in our kitchen. It's a work in progress but I'm pleased with the results thus far.
I'm looking forward to my grandson coming to visit this summer for a few weeks.
I'm eager to go camping and I'm loving longer days and warmer weather. The dark fog of winter has lifted and life is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!