Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Cherry On Top!

Life is so good! 
My sweetie has been at the new job for over a week now and is doing just fine. There's a lot to learn and he comes home mentally exhausted but it's all good. We're taking it one day at a time and continuing to trust God. He's never failed us.

Life is so good!
Spring is just around the corner and with that comes a special celebration!



The first day of spring is.... (drum roll please) .... this Friday! We've been blessed with an exceptionally tame winter and spring-like weather has been teasing us for weeks now. There are buds and blossoms breaking out all around us and we've even mowed our lawn once! And just like spring, where new things blossom and grow, so it goes with the story of the love-burkes.  Our first date was on the first day of Spring 21 years ago this year! 

If you have been following this blog for any length of time, or if you know me in real life, you know that I LOVE to celebrate! Birthdays, Anniversaries, milestones-- all worthy of a shout out!  When it comes to me n' my sweetie, it's no exception. I make no apologies for loving this man and letting the world know it. So, if you aren't interested in sharing in this celebration, just skip on over to your next favorite blog. No hard feelings.

To mark this years occasion I decided to put together a slideshow of pictures of us over the year as a surprise for my sweetie. It was hard to decide which pictures to include and which ones to pass on, so I ended up with a pretty lengthy presentation! It was a lot of fun to revisit the box of photos though! I found pictures I'd forgotten about (oh those days before we had digital!)

check out these young things!
the 80's called; they want their dress back!
that shaggy haired worker guy


young babes in love
I'm so glad we were able to work past the fear and trepidation we had about dating and risking our hearts for a new relationship. It was all worth it and the fact that we clicked, fell in love and ended up together has been the cherry on top!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!