Monday, November 3, 2014

With Thanksgiving

Come, let us sing to the Lord! 
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. 
Let us come to him with thanksgiving. 
Let us sing psalms of praise to him.
 Psalm 95. 1-2



Funny how just when I enter a whiny, self centered phase, my daily bible readings start cropping up with reminders of being thankful. Yes, God must be trying to tell me something. I'm working on it Lord, I'm working on it! 


I am thankful for...

... work for my husband! It was only a couple of days worth of work, but it will pay another bill! 

...getting to spend the day with him. Not only getting to watch him work (something that always amazes me-- truly-- carpentry never fails to impress me) but being able to help even in a small way.

... FREE lattes! Yes, Oh, Yes!! (thankful for a full punch card!! whoot whoot!) (hey, it's the little things!)

...Rain...because it smells wonderful, it sounds delightful and even watching it (from inside a cozy warm room of course) brings me comfort. (full disclosure: I skipped walking today!!!) 

...  a  freshly made bed. Now, granted, I made the bed so I guess I could add that I am thankful I can make a bed!

... a couple of leads on other jobs for hubby. One that sounds very intriguing, one that would utilize his brain power instead of his body. 

...a big ol' sack of potatoes. Yep, someone gifted me with a 10# bag of russets. That'll go a long ways to filling our tummies. Potato soup, hashbrowns, baked taters, etc...

...my sister. Today is her birthday and she is my next best friend after hubby. Oh, the adventures we have had! 

... speaking of sisters and birthdays, tomorrow I get to spend the day with her and help her shop for clothes! Yay!


... thankful for a hot cup of tea to settle down and round out my evening. 

... and last but not least, I am thankful for God's Grace and Mercy, NEW every morning. His daily reminders of his love and provision, his love letter to the church, his bride. 



It's not my complete list of grateful's but it's a good start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!