Thursday, April 24, 2014

Tiptoe Through the Tulips

Or not....

photo credit: Anita van der Elst

A year ago this month, before my sister moved here, she came to visit me for a week. We had plans to go to the Tulip Fesitval down in Skagit Valley but a nasty tumble down some concrete steps put that trip on hold for another day. (Another year actually.) Yesterday we finally got to go!

top left/right: the face we make when its sister day!
photo credits: Anita van der Elst & myself.

Roozengaard  Gardens is amazing. Let me say this again, Roozengaard Gardens is AMAZING. The month of April, when the tulips are at their peak, is of course the best time to visit. Acres and acres of beautiful, luscious, riotous colors! Tulips, Daffodills and in a short while, Iris',  tantalizing your eyes. It's almost overwhelming the sheer enormity and breathtaking beauty of the fields that stretch out in a rainbow of colors.

Wow. Just Wow.


Sister and I had a marvelous time and we snapped happily away all morning and into the afternoon. If you don't like tulips or care to look at pictures, please, just skip the rest of my post. Otherwise, prepare to be PHOTO BOMBED!!!  (I wont post them all~~~I'll save some for another post)

Enjoy!








stay tuned for more....

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors of this trip so much better than the colors of my trip a year ago! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I just love tulips! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for taking time to read and comment! have a great day!